Article first published as TV Review: 'Glee' - 'Previously Unaired Christmas' on Blogcritics. Seven episodes into season five, Glee is still telling a story set last spring, which makes it difficult to do a Christmas episode. The solution? Have Sue (Jane Lynch) record an introduction in which she says the latest installment, “Previously Unaired Christmas,” was the first holiday specia...read more
Not long after AMC kicked showrunner Frank Darabont off of The Walking Dead, a show he developed, rumors swirled that he would make a television comeback. For fans of the zombie series or the movies Darabont has made, which include greats like The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption, it's with great satisfaction that we tune into his newest creation, Mob City, which premiered this week on TNT....read more
TVLand is known for creating new sitcoms that feel dated. They do this by hiring the stars of old shows and putting them in a familiar tone with similar writing. It's not the freshest, most original method of making television, but it tends to satisfy TVLand viewers, who tune in to watch the classics, if Hot in Cleveland's success is any indication. The latest entry into this genre is Kirstie, wh...read more
Cartoon Network's Adult Swim's latest series, which premiered this week, is Rick and Morty. From the mind of Dan Harmon (Community), Rick and Morty is a twisted tale of a gullible, dumb, naive grandson, Morty (voiced by Justin Roiland, Fish Hooks), being taken along on dangerous adventures by his eccentric, compassion-challenged, alcoholic grandfather, Rick (also Roiland). Some have compared Ri...read more
HBO's Treme, which tells the story of individuals in post-Katrina New Orleans, begins its final five episodes this week with "Yes We Can." The series deserves better than to be canceled after less than four years, but at least they've been granted the opportunity to wrap the story up right. The first episode back is true to form, and represents the start of a new chapter. After years of struggle,...read more
- GLEE Should Have Skipped Christmas
- MOB CITY a Dark, Intriguing Place
- Is KIRSTIE Still a Star?
- Be Careful Hanging Out With RICK AND MORTY
- TREME Stands Up and Declares "Yes We Can"
- ‘Survivor: Blood vs Water’ Episode 12 – Survivor Rocks
- THE GOOD, er, Awesome WIFE Hits 100 Episodes
- Death Strikes DOCTOR WHO At "The Tenth Planet"
- GLEE Needs Work to Master Puppets
- ‘Survivor: Blood vs Water’ Episode 11 – The season of blindsides continues
- We "Wanted" More NIKITA, and We Got It
- COVERT AFFAIRS Fools the World
- More DOCTOR WHO Fun With THE FIVE(ISH) DOCTORS REBOOT
- DOCTOR WHO Celebrates "The Day of the Doctor"
- An Adventure in Space and Time
TOP 10 TV
Tweets by @thetvking
- Meet the cast of 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water', and new twists revealed
- Breaking Bad Season 6 UK Air Date Confirmed For Netflix UK
- Jeff Probst and 'Survivor' snubbed yet again by the Primetime Emmys
- E4 confirm Skins series 7 air date
- Sky Living Supernatural Season 8 UK Air Date
- Hemlock Grove renewed for a 2nd season by Netflix
- The Walking Dead Season 3 UK Channel 5 Air Date
- LoveFilm secure UK rights for Emily Owens M.D.
- Scandal UK air date for season 2 confirmed by More4
- New Girl Season 2 E4 Air Date Confirmed
- The Mindy Project E4 Air Date Confirmed
- 'The Jeff Probst Show' has been cancelled
- The Mentalist Returns To Channel 5 With Series 5 Part 2 This February
- Doctor Who Return For Series 7 Part 2 This March
- FX's The Americans Coming to UK on ITV
- 2013 Disney Blu-ray Gift Guide
- 2013 ‘Doctor Who’ Gift Gui...
- Back to TV’s Roots
- ABC's Split Season
- How To Be a TV Reviewer
- R.I.P. Finn Hudson
- TV Neglects Independence Day
- DVD Return Policies Need a Cha...
- Fickle TV Fans
- When Good Shows Go Bad
- Will Amazon Change Television?
- Top 5 British TV dramas
- When Series Break Genre
- Lack of Imports
- Redefining Cancellation