It's easy to see why NBC would choose to burn off new sitcom Save Me after the typical broadcast season has come to an end. It's a meandering story without a clear direction or well-defined characters. It can't exactly make up its mind what it's about or what the rules of the tale are. As such, it comes across as being a big mess in the first two installments, "The Book of Beth" and "Take It Back,...read more
NBC's Grimm has teetered back and forth between serial and procedural, introducing us to a wide variety of creatures through its formulaic police elements, but also continuing some larger arcs over the course of a season or longer. In the sophomore season finale this week, "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm," all pretense of the case-of-the-week is thankfully dropped in favor of more complex story. A freque...read more
Showtime's The Big C came to an understated end this week in "The Finale." Rather than make a big showy production, the final hour is about Cathy's (Laura Linney) last days, and the way that her loved ones say goodbye to her. Each of the main characters get a touching scene with Cathy, and the hour ends when she passes on. I do kind of wish we'd gotten to see her funeral. Yes, Cathy's ending, spe...read more
Article first published as TV Review: Doctor Who - "The Name of the Doctor" on Blogcritics. Overall, the back half of Doctor Who series seven wasn't nearly as strong as the first half. One might chalk this up to adjustmenting to new characters, including a fresh companion. But I think it's more than that. The stakes and the fun just aren't quite there. However, the series seven finale, "The Nam...read more
CBS's Elementary is one of those shows that I often dread watching, because, like most crime procedurals, most weeks concentrate on a single case that is solved by the end of the hour. Despite that, when the series is good, it's very good, and this year's three-part season finale, which ended with "The Woman" and "Heroine" this week, are two of the best hours of television I've seen lately. Sherl...read more
- Save Me From SAVE ME
- "Goodnight, Sweet GRIMM" Review
- THE BIG C "The Finale" Review
- DOCTOR WHO "The Name of the Doctor" Review
- "The Woman" on ELEMENTARY is No "Heroine"
- GREY'S ANATOMY Finale Not Quite a "Perfect Storm"
- SCANDAL Puts Its "White Hats Back On"
- THE OFFICE "Finale"
- NEW GIRL Elaine Has a Big Day
- "Take Me With You," THE MINDY PROJECT!
- Check Out of PRIVATE PRACTICE
- REVENGE Hides the "Truth"
- HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Shows Us "Something New"
- Community's Almost Finale
- Out of Touch
TOP 10 TV
- New Girl Season 2 E4 Air Date Confirmed
- The Mindy Project E4 Air Date Confirmed
- 'The Jeff Probst Show' has been cancelled
- The Mentalist Returns To Channel 5 With Series 5 Part 2 This February
- Doctor Who Return For Series 7 Part 2 This March
- FX's The Americans Coming to UK on ITV
- HBO Renew Girls For A 3rd Season
- Misfits Renewed For A 5th Series By Channel 4
- Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23 Cancelled By ABC
- Dallas Is Back Again! Season 2 Returns To TNT & Channel 5
- Top Gear Returns to BBC Two Tonight At 8PM
- TBS Cancel Wedding Band After Season 1
- Criminal Minds Season 8 UK Return Date Set
- Ben & Kate Cancelled By Fox
- Nashville UK Air Date on More4 Confirmed
- When Good Shows Go Bad
- Will Amazon Change Television?
- Top 5 British TV dramas
- When Series Break Genre
- Lack of Imports
- Redefining Cancellation
- Horror on Television
- There's Nothing on TV
- High Definition Versus Standar...
- Will Netflix Change Television...
- The Trouble With Football
- Trek Vs. Wars: A Conflict of I...
- New Trend: Parents Playing Par...
- Golden Globe's TV Categories N...
- Sky exclusives coming to Freev...