Sirens. Any Good?
Written by : George Worth published Monday 27th June 2011
Watch Sirens Here.
Sirens on Channel 4. Well fingers crossed I like this, I wasn’t what you would call a fan of their other creation Friday Night Dinner. The garbage with the loser from the Inbetweeners in. Remember it? Well I doubt it. It wasn’t a ground-breaking programme. Stale comedy, as I like to call it. Thankfully Channel 4 doesn’t use canned laughter in their comedies unlike the BBC with their drivel such as the Life Of Riley etc.
Well think of Sirens as a sort of twisted comedy Northern version of Casualty. It’s basically a show about 3 paramedics from Leeds looking at what happens in their lives, both personally and professionally. The name of the first episode “Up, horny, down” relates to what the crew feels after dealing with a road collision. But to say it’s a comedy it didn’t grab me in the first 10 minutes … Or 20 minutes … Or 30 minutes. Ok I’ll admit it I didn’t find it funny at all.
They haven’t really trawled through the award winning actors or comedians in this. The acting’s what you could call wooly … or shit if you’re more to the point, which I am. So there it’s shit. Or is it? Confused? So am I. I didn’t like it but I think lots of people will. It’s a more relaxed look at paramedics; it’s more about them than their job, which is a refreshing change. It’s like other channel 4 programmes in the feel of it; it’s similar to The IT Crowd, young, fresh and funky.
I don’t think I will watch it again unless there is nothing else on, but I think it will do well as one of those sky+ it programmes, just to watch when you have a spare hour.
Follow Me on Twitter.
Watch Sirens Here.
- "Jeff" Supported By COMMUNITY
- HOUSE OF CARDS Season 2 Finale Review
- COUGAR TOWN "Stand" Strong
- The "New" GLEE
- GLEE Stumbles In "New Directions"
- HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Couldn't "Last Forever"
- "The Last Call" From Will on THE GOOD WIFE
- HELIX's Shadow Falls
- PSYCH's "Breakup" With Us
- BROOKLYN NINE-NINE "Charges" Into Season Finale
- ‘Survivor: Cagayan’, Episode 6: On the brink of a merge
- "Rides" May Be Bumpy for GIRLS
- THE GOOD WIFE Shocks With "Dramatics"
- HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Reaches "The End of the Aisle"
- No "Dungeons" for COMMUNITY
George Worth Reviews
- Downton Abbey. Autumnal TV is back.
- Red or Black?
- SugarTown. It's far from Sweet. (Pardon the Pun)
- Question Time. Better than the News?
- Top Gear. The Boys are back.
- In with the Flynns. Another vessel of boredom?
- The Life Of Riley. Any Good?
- Made In Chelsea. "Yah"
- Psychoville 2. Crazy has a New Series.
- The Hotel Inspector. The Polizzi is Back.
- Meet the cast of 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water', and new twists revealed
- Breaking Bad Season 6 UK Air Date Confirmed For Netflix UK
- Jeff Probst and 'Survivor' snubbed yet again by the Primetime Emmys
- E4 confirm Skins series 7 air date
- Sky Living Supernatural Season 8 UK Air Date
- Hemlock Grove renewed for a 2nd season by Netflix
- The Walking Dead Season 3 UK Channel 5 Air Date
- LoveFilm secure UK rights for Emily Owens M.D.
- Scandal UK air date for season 2 confirmed by More4
- New Girl Season 2 E4 Air Date Confirmed
- The Mindy Project E4 Air Date Confirmed
- 'The Jeff Probst Show' has been cancelled
- The Mentalist Returns To Channel 5 With Series 5 Part 2 This February
- Doctor Who Return For Series 7 Part 2 This March
- FX's The Americans Coming to UK on ITV
- Can Lightning Strike Twice for...
- Throne Beseiged By Pirates
- Why ‘Once Upon a Time’ Is ...
- 2013 Disney Blu-ray Gift Guide
- 2013 ‘Doctor Who’ Gift Gui...
- Back to TV’s Roots
- ABC's Split Season
- How To Be a TV Reviewer
- R.I.P. Finn Hudson
- TV Neglects Independence Day
- DVD Return Policies Need a Cha...
- Fickle TV Fans
- When Good Shows Go Bad
- Will Amazon Change Television?
- Top 5 British TV dramas