Sirens. Any Good?
Written by : George Worth published Monday 27th June 2011
Watch Sirens Here.
Sirens on Channel 4. Well fingers crossed I like this, I wasn’t what you would call a fan of their other creation Friday Night Dinner. The garbage with the loser from the Inbetweeners in. Remember it? Well I doubt it. It wasn’t a ground-breaking programme. Stale comedy, as I like to call it. Thankfully Channel 4 doesn’t use canned laughter in their comedies unlike the BBC with their drivel such as the Life Of Riley etc.
Well think of Sirens as a sort of twisted comedy Northern version of Casualty. It’s basically a show about 3 paramedics from Leeds looking at what happens in their lives, both personally and professionally. The name of the first episode “Up, horny, down” relates to what the crew feels after dealing with a road collision. But to say it’s a comedy it didn’t grab me in the first 10 minutes … Or 20 minutes … Or 30 minutes. Ok I’ll admit it I didn’t find it funny at all.
They haven’t really trawled through the award winning actors or comedians in this. The acting’s what you could call wooly … or shit if you’re more to the point, which I am. So there it’s shit. Or is it? Confused? So am I. I didn’t like it but I think lots of people will. It’s a more relaxed look at paramedics; it’s more about them than their job, which is a refreshing change. It’s like other channel 4 programmes in the feel of it; it’s similar to The IT Crowd, young, fresh and funky.
I don’t think I will watch it again unless there is nothing else on, but I think it will do well as one of those sky+ it programmes, just to watch when you have a spare hour.
Follow Me on Twitter.
Watch Sirens Here.
- Save Me From SAVE ME
- "Goodnight, Sweet GRIMM" Review
- THE BIG C "The Finale" Review
- DOCTOR WHO "The Name of the Doctor" Review
- "The Woman" on ELEMENTARY is No "Heroine"
- GREY'S ANATOMY Finale Not Quite a "Perfect Storm"
- SCANDAL Puts Its "White Hats Back On"
- THE OFFICE "Finale"
- NEW GIRL Elaine Has a Big Day
- "Take Me With You," THE MINDY PROJECT!
- Check Out of PRIVATE PRACTICE
- REVENGE Hides the "Truth"
- HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Shows Us "Something New"
- Community's Almost Finale
- Out of Touch
George Worth Reviews
- Downton Abbey. Autumnal TV is back.
- Red or Black?
- SugarTown. It's far from Sweet. (Pardon the Pun)
- Question Time. Better than the News?
- Top Gear. The Boys are back.
- In with the Flynns. Another vessel of boredom?
- The Life Of Riley. Any Good?
- Made In Chelsea. "Yah"
- Psychoville 2. Crazy has a New Series.
- The Hotel Inspector. The Polizzi is Back.
- New Girl Season 2 E4 Air Date Confirmed
- The Mindy Project E4 Air Date Confirmed
- 'The Jeff Probst Show' has been cancelled
- The Mentalist Returns To Channel 5 With Series 5 Part 2 This February
- Doctor Who Return For Series 7 Part 2 This March
- FX's The Americans Coming to UK on ITV
- HBO Renew Girls For A 3rd Season
- Misfits Renewed For A 5th Series By Channel 4
- Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23 Cancelled By ABC
- Dallas Is Back Again! Season 2 Returns To TNT & Channel 5
- Top Gear Returns to BBC Two Tonight At 8PM
- TBS Cancel Wedding Band After Season 1
- Criminal Minds Season 8 UK Return Date Set
- Ben & Kate Cancelled By Fox
- Nashville UK Air Date on More4 Confirmed
Sirens (2011) tweets
- When Good Shows Go Bad
- Will Amazon Change Television?
- Top 5 British TV dramas
- When Series Break Genre
- Lack of Imports
- Redefining Cancellation
- Horror on Television
- There's Nothing on TV
- High Definition Versus Standar...
- Will Netflix Change Television...
- The Trouble With Football
- Trek Vs. Wars: A Conflict of I...
- New Trend: Parents Playing Par...
- Golden Globe's TV Categories N...
- Sky exclusives coming to Freev...