The Good Wife episode 21 "The Penalty Box" recap
Written by : tvqueen published Tuesday 24th April 2012
Alicia is hired to defend a judge whose innocent man has been released due to recent DNA evidence proving the jailed man innocent. The judge (David Paymer) is very stuffy and insists on doing things according to his ego. Diane, Kalinda and Alicia work with him he gets a judge who is very down home and the judge contains his chagrin.
Lamont Bishop comes in for a meeting and Will garners the troops but Lamont wants to speak with Alicia and Kalinda and kicks Will out of the meeting. Diane and Will conduct interviews and Eli tries to get Howard the third partner to make a move against Diane.
Cary applies for a job at the from and Eli tells Peter Florrick before Cary is halfway to the elevator. Will doesn’t want Cary at the from because to much of his work is untouchable because of confidentiality. Peter fires Cary the minute he gets back with one months severance
Bishop tells Kalinda pointedly that the FBI lady came to see him about her. Alicia tells the FB woman that Bishop was charged as an error. But the night before Kalinda went to her apartment and told her pursuing Bishop would get her killed. The FBI woman said it was just her job.
“You tell Kalinda this isn’t over” and the FBI lady leaves.
Will is involved sexually with Callie and tells Diane, who is angry he can’t keep his zipper zipped. Callie thought Will organized the interview but he knew nothing about it. When she told him he got out of bed and started to get dressed.
He did not know she was interviewing and Diane reminds him it was only because he wouldn’t hire ’t Cary. They see Diane talking to Eli. Will said it will work out.
Kalinda researches Terry Rooney’s credit card. The evidence was twenty years ago. Judge Questa says he might have missed the evidence. Diane says he was focusing on the evidence that helped his case and farmed out the evidence that did not support his theory Rooney was guilty. Questa does not like pointing the finger elsewhere to get off.
Kalinda goes to see his old evidence assistant. She makes strange remarks to Kalinda.
“Did Bishop bend rules to get a judgment." Kalinda asks.
“Questa was a true public servant. come hell or high water"
“Did Hell or high water ever come?” Kalinda asks.
Cary Agos gets a big offer from Diane. He accepts. Will declares a clean slate. He is put Cary in an office to listen to Howard ramble. Howard declares he wants a slush fund t get clients laid.
The assistant ASA the stand has an addiction to drugs in 1992. Judge Questa has to confess that his assistant was addicted to methocodone.
Cary over drinks declares Alicia got the judge out of the penalty box. Cary says he hasn’t learned a thing in two years. Cary gets a call from Peter and then steps away, and Kalinda stands awkwardly nearby. After a moment Alicia acts open to her coming over for a drink.
Watch Episode 21 - The Penalty Box online
About the author tvqueen
I like to watch TV shows from classic eras as well as contemporary drama and comedy. Science Fiction is fun, and shows like the Cape and Fringe keep hope alive that the medium that produced Space 1999 is alive. Comedy such as 30 Rock is usually, good, but not always. I like Survivor but it has so little to do with survivor skills I am disappointed. Appointment viewing is Grey's Anatomy, NCIS LA, The CSI series for New York and Las Vegas and Miami, with a special shout out for the new Hawaii Five O. Gordon Ramsay's Hells Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares are top of the line viewing for the drama comedy Gordon's character and the business lessons they teach.tvqueen's profile | tvqueen's RSS feed
- GLEE Should Have Skipped Christmas
- MOB CITY a Dark, Intriguing Place
- Is KIRSTIE Still a Star?
- Be Careful Hanging Out With RICK AND MORTY
- TREME Stands Up and Declares "Yes We Can"
- ‘Survivor: Blood vs Water’ Episode 12 – Survivor Rocks
- THE GOOD, er, Awesome WIFE Hits 100 Episodes
- Death Strikes DOCTOR WHO At "The Tenth Planet"
- GLEE Needs Work to Master Puppets
- ‘Survivor: Blood vs Water’ Episode 11 – The season of blindsides continues
- We "Wanted" More NIKITA, and We Got It
- COVERT AFFAIRS Fools the World
- More DOCTOR WHO Fun With THE FIVE(ISH) DOCTORS REBOOT
- DOCTOR WHO Celebrates "The Day of the Doctor"
- An Adventure in Space and Time
- Mad Men episode 7 "At The Codfish Ball" recap
- Supernatural episode 20 "The Girl With the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo" recap
- Person Of Interest episode 20 "Matsya Nyaya" recap
- Person Of Interest episode 19 "Flesh and Blood" recap
- The Mentalist episode 21 "Ruby Slippers" recap
- Chopped episode 3 "Saying Sayonara" recap
- Chopped episode 2 "Canned Cheese, Please" recap
- Gossip Girl episode 21 "Despicable B" recap
- House episode 18 "Body and Soul" recap
- Mad Men episode 6 "Far Away Places" recap
- Meet the cast of 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water', and new twists revealed
- Breaking Bad Season 6 UK Air Date Confirmed For Netflix UK
- Jeff Probst and 'Survivor' snubbed yet again by the Primetime Emmys
- E4 confirm Skins series 7 air date
- Sky Living Supernatural Season 8 UK Air Date
- Hemlock Grove renewed for a 2nd season by Netflix
- The Walking Dead Season 3 UK Channel 5 Air Date
- LoveFilm secure UK rights for Emily Owens M.D.
- Scandal UK air date for season 2 confirmed by More4
- New Girl Season 2 E4 Air Date Confirmed
- The Mindy Project E4 Air Date Confirmed
- 'The Jeff Probst Show' has been cancelled
- The Mentalist Returns To Channel 5 With Series 5 Part 2 This February
- Doctor Who Return For Series 7 Part 2 This March
- FX's The Americans Coming to UK on ITV
- 2013 Disney Blu-ray Gift Guide
- 2013 ‘Doctor Who’ Gift Gui...
- Back to TV’s Roots
- ABC's Split Season
- How To Be a TV Reviewer
- R.I.P. Finn Hudson
- TV Neglects Independence Day
- DVD Return Policies Need a Cha...
- Fickle TV Fans
- When Good Shows Go Bad
- Will Amazon Change Television?
- Top 5 British TV dramas
- When Series Break Genre
- Lack of Imports
- Redefining Cancellation