CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episode 19 Split Decision recap
Written by : tvqueen published Friday 6th April 2012
In the casino, gamblers belly up to the machines. Gladys the gambler sees the older man walk to the middle of the floor. He is shot by the young man in the orange shirt. She sees him run off with his wallet. But when Nick Stokes and Brass arrive they shut down the casino and lock it down. Te security analysts spot the man in the orange shirt over an over but where the man spotted the detectives can’t find him.
Sara waits in the empty nightclub, but the security analysts says the prep s in there. Nobody is in there. The facial recognition software seems not to be working. The victim is Dennis Kiel, a doctor from Los Angeles. They find an open fire escape door. Stone and company have to shake down every room to find the shooter.
They meet a woman who was waiting for the man in orange to come to the room. They have DNA and a print on the condom wrapper. “He called himself X-man.” She is a movie fan. She says she made a video. They take a copy.
Sara and Brass go to Kiel’s room. They find Avery, the son. The mother died last year. He wants to know where his dad is. He won $800 and people were watching. Brass learns the boy has nobody but distant cousins and someone e will check in on him. Sara’s heart goes out to him.
DB checks in on the coroner. The GSW penetrated the liver. They find an hourglass shaped hollow point slug, very unusual. Julie Finlay undoes the pay-line machine in the lab from the casino to find the second bullet. Another red plug is found. DB says to Jules that her finding out why there is no core is her next job.
Nick checks into a room and the guy gets nervous when he sees the picture. Nick finds a tennis shoe size thirteen. Lee Jacobs is too small for this size. He is nervous about the closet. Inside the closet is a man with an a orange shirt. This is identical to the man in the video.
Jordan Brensten took off without his shoes and his wallet. He is hiding in the closet and pretends that he does not know Shelly. Nick shows him the video and the man denies it is him. He says he did not shoot anybody. The lab arrest him, sure they have their murderer.
But the lab shows by the camera to be at two places at the same time. They use antibody analysis to separate which twin did the murder, and both come up clean. They realize they are up against triplets. DB is stunned.
Then one of the men in custody has a lawyer show up for him it is his mother. She is the one who had triplets when doing in vitro analysis. But she only took one kid. She denies knowledge of the other two children but Brass smells a rat. They research the background of the dead doctor and he worked in his youth at an in vitro facility. Who knew about the triplets and when?
The motive for the killing is unclear. If the triplet adult men had no relationship with their father, why would they kill him?
A fourth ”twin” shows up, confounding the CSI lab who cannot pin or exclude the murder to one single man. Sara learns the culprit for the murder is the young son of the murdered man. He transferred the money and planned the murder. His DNA also matches the crime scene logistics.
Sara finds out that he resented being an in vitro birth because his father was always so cold to him. The day his mother was buried he found out about the truth. He will not give up which man shot the father because he says they are his real brothers. He’ll take his chances with a jury.
Watch Episode 19 - Split Decisions online
About the author tvqueen
I like to watch TV shows from classic eras as well as contemporary drama and comedy. Science Fiction is fun, and shows like the Cape and Fringe keep hope alive that the medium that produced Space 1999 is alive. Comedy such as 30 Rock is usually, good, but not always. I like Survivor but it has so little to do with survivor skills I am disappointed. Appointment viewing is Grey's Anatomy, NCIS LA, The CSI series for New York and Las Vegas and Miami, with a special shout out for the new Hawaii Five O. Gordon Ramsay's Hells Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares are top of the line viewing for the drama comedy Gordon's character and the business lessons they teach.tvqueen's profile | tvqueen's RSS feed
More reviews & recaps for CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- TV Review: ‘The Doctors Revisited – Ninth to Eleventh’
- GLEE Should Have Skipped Christmas
- MOB CITY a Dark, Intriguing Place
- Is KIRSTIE Still a Star?
- Be Careful Hanging Out With RICK AND MORTY
- TREME Stands Up and Declares "Yes We Can"
- ‘Survivor: Blood vs Water’ Episode 12 – Survivor Rocks
- THE GOOD, er, Awesome WIFE Hits 100 Episodes
- Death Strikes DOCTOR WHO At "The Tenth Planet"
- GLEE Needs Work to Master Puppets
- ‘Survivor: Blood vs Water’ Episode 11 – The season of blindsides continues
- We "Wanted" More NIKITA, and We Got It
- COVERT AFFAIRS Fools the World
- More DOCTOR WHO Fun With THE FIVE(ISH) DOCTORS REBOOT
- DOCTOR WHO Celebrates "The Day of the Doctor"
- Mad Men episode 7 "At The Codfish Ball" recap
- Supernatural episode 20 "The Girl With the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo" recap
- Person Of Interest episode 20 "Matsya Nyaya" recap
- Person Of Interest episode 19 "Flesh and Blood" recap
- The Mentalist episode 21 "Ruby Slippers" recap
- Chopped episode 3 "Saying Sayonara" recap
- Chopped episode 2 "Canned Cheese, Please" recap
- Gossip Girl episode 21 "Despicable B" recap
- House episode 18 "Body and Soul" recap
- Mad Men episode 6 "Far Away Places" recap
- Meet the cast of 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water', and new twists revealed
- Breaking Bad Season 6 UK Air Date Confirmed For Netflix UK
- Jeff Probst and 'Survivor' snubbed yet again by the Primetime Emmys
- E4 confirm Skins series 7 air date
- Sky Living Supernatural Season 8 UK Air Date
- Hemlock Grove renewed for a 2nd season by Netflix
- The Walking Dead Season 3 UK Channel 5 Air Date
- LoveFilm secure UK rights for Emily Owens M.D.
- Scandal UK air date for season 2 confirmed by More4
- New Girl Season 2 E4 Air Date Confirmed
- The Mindy Project E4 Air Date Confirmed
- 'The Jeff Probst Show' has been cancelled
- The Mentalist Returns To Channel 5 With Series 5 Part 2 This February
- Doctor Who Return For Series 7 Part 2 This March
- FX's The Americans Coming to UK on ITV
- 2013 Disney Blu-ray Gift Guide
- 2013 ‘Doctor Who’ Gift Gui...
- Back to TV’s Roots
- ABC's Split Season
- How To Be a TV Reviewer
- R.I.P. Finn Hudson
- TV Neglects Independence Day
- DVD Return Policies Need a Cha...
- Fickle TV Fans
- When Good Shows Go Bad
- Will Amazon Change Television?
- Top 5 British TV dramas
- When Series Break Genre
- Lack of Imports
- Redefining Cancellation